The March 24-26 Texas Mile in Victoria, Texas
Full Event Results from the March, 2017 Texas Mile
Highlights for the March 24-26, 2017 Inaugural Victoria Texas Mile
The first Texas Mile at Victoria Regional Airport in Victoria, Texas was a great success. We would like to thank all participants, sponsors, spectators, vendors, staff, and fans for their continued support.
- TEXAS MILE TOP SPEED RECORD: Driver, Patrick O’Gorman set the first Top Speed record in Victoria in Mark Heidaker’s 2006 Ford GT with a world record breaking speed of 293.6 MPH!! Huge congratulations to Patrick, M2K Motorsports, and car owner, Mark Heidaker!
- FASTEST MOTORCYCLE: Hussain Alsowaigh was the fastest motorcycle rider of the weekend achieving a top speed of 262.1 MPH on his Pink 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa. Hussain is now the 6th Fastest Standing 1-Mile Rider in the World. Congrats!
- FASTEST MUSTANG SHELBY GT500: Driver, Bill Wagner, Jr. raised the bar again for the Mustangs when he broke 260.8 MPH in the AirTech of Houston Blue 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. Congrats to AirTech of Houston and M2K Motorsports!!
- FASTEST LAMBORGHINI: We had 4 Lamborghinis at the first Texas Mile in Victoria and the fastest goes to Jack Cooper who went a record breaking 252.2 MPH in his Black 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo. Congrats Jack!!
- FASTEST CORVETTE: We had 55 Corvettes registered for this event. The fastest? #883 Rick Harden in his Red 1992 Chevrolet Corvette C4 with a Top Speed of 244.2 MPH. This is also the FASTEST TEXAS MILE CORVETTE!! Congrats Rick!
- FASTEST CTS-V: We had a total of 18 registered Cadillacs for this event. The fastest CTS-V of the weekend was John Rippamonti with LSX Performance Dyno Tuning is his 2009 Black Cadillac CTS-V with a Top Speed of 203.0 MPH! Congrats John!!
- OLDEST VEHICLE: We had 6 vehicles from the 1960’s registered for this event. The Oldest Vehicle goes to #3792 Tony Peirano’s 1963 Silver Studebaker Avanti which ran a Top Speed of 183.3 MPH in the Standing Mile. The fastest was #1969 Lee Novikoff’s 1969 Red Chevrolet Camaro 5.0 that went a Top Speed of 209.2 MPH. Congrats guys!
*All voted for by Texas Mile fans
- CROWD FAVORITE CAR: * #280 M2K Motorsports’ 293.6 MPH 2006 Ford GT
- CROWD FAVORITE BIKE: * #1000 Hussain Alsowaigh’s 262.1 MPH Pink 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
- CROWD FAVORITE TRUCK: * #41 Monty Weeks’ Red 2000 Ford F-150 Lightning. Monty ran a Top Speed of 162.8 MPH!
- LONGEST HAUL: The winner of Longest Haul goes to Sean and Tracy Coiteux from Brush Prairie, WA. Sean was #874 and raced his Black 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 with a Top Speed of 220.3 MPH!
- MOST RUNS OVER 200 MPH: Tom Krause had 8 runs over 200 MPH over the course of the weekend. Tom Krause was #7051 with a Top Speed of 213 MPH on his Blue 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14. Also, congrats to Bob Keselowski who made 6 passes over 200 MPH in his White 2012 Dodge Charger. His weekend Top Speed was 227.9 MPH.
- MOST RUNS OVERALL: Congrats to Erik Ganauser #143 for making the most passes over the weekend! Erik made 10 passes over the 3 days in his Red 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. His Top Speed for the weekend was 187.6 MPH!
To check out even more highlights of the weekend, check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheTexasMile.
Special thanks to AirTech of Houston, Platinum Sponsor of the March 2017 Texas Mile and a huge thank you of our Texas Mile sponsors! We appreciate your continued support and helping us establish our “permanent” home at Victoria Regional Airport!
The Texas Mile Staff