Members of the Media:
Welcome to the Texas Mile
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to serving you throughout the season. Our role is to make your job as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you have any questions or requests, please do not hesitate to call on us.
Media and Press Credentials
Use Conditions Agreement
J&S Matus Motorsports, Inc. DBA The Texas Mile (the “Event”) issues Press Credentials only to accredited Media (the “Media”) solely to provide access to a representative of the Media (the “Representative”) for a legitimate working function (news, editorial, or community services) in connection with this specific motor sports event (the “Event”). Each credentialed media member must be working on a specific assignment for a legitimate media organization.
In exchange for granting Press Credentials and Media Access to the Event, the Media and Representative agree to share, at no charge to the Event and with unlimited use, access to high resolution digital files the Event may use to further promote the Event. The Media and Representative agree to provide access to these digital files within seven working days of the end of the Event. Please email file links to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Press Credentials issued by the Event provide the Media and Representative with the right to photograph, film or record the Event only for the following news, editorial or community services purposes:
- Televised Media/Internet/Web/Streaming Video: If for televised media (including internet video streaming), recordings may only be used by the Media in connection with the Media’s regularly scheduled media publications for news or editorial purposes. No live or delayed audio or video will be broadcast during the Event.
- Radio/Video Broadcast: Audio/Video recordings may only be used by the Media in connection with the Media’s regularly scheduled news/broadcast business. No live or delayed audio or video will be broadcast during the Event.
- Print Media: Photographs of the Event may only be used by the Media in connection with the Media’s regularly scheduled media publications for news or editorial purposes.
- The Media and Representative are expressly prohibited from using any photographic, video and/or audio records taken or created by the Representative during the Event for any news or editorial purposes not described above, or for any non-news and/or non-editorial purposes including, but not limited to, advertising, commercialization, and other sale or distribution to third parties.
- J&S Matus Motorsports, Inc. DBA The Texas Mile is the exclusive owner of all copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights in its names, logos, designs, and in the Event and all records of the Event. These trademarks and logos are not to be used without express written permission granted on an individual case-by-case basis. Non-authorized use is copyright infringement and punishable by law with fines in excess of $10,000 per incident.
- Press Credentials are issued to a Media or Representative on a select basis for each event, are non-transferable and may be revoked by The Texas Mile at any time for any reason.
Representative must be at least 16 years of age.
Improper use of Press Credentials may subject the Representative to immediate removal from the Event and revocation of future credentialing for the Media and Representative.
By accepting Press Credentials and attending the Event, the Representative agrees for himself/herself and for the Media that he/she has read this Agreement, that he/she understands the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that he/she agrees to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
All media/commercial photographer requests, for both digital and film still shots, should be sent to The Texas Mile following the procedures for media credentials. The Texas Mile controls photographer requests by issuing event-specific stickers/wrist bands that must be displayed on all photo cameras.
All video requests should be sent to The Texas Mile following the procedures for media credentials. The Texas Mile controls video requests by issuing event-specific stickers/wrist bands that must be displayed on all video and motion film cameras.
The Texas Mile registration officials offer members of the media a running record of race-weekend activities-ranging from driver quotes to pit reports-to keep you informed of all activities. Any special needs, such as private telephone lines or sound booths, should be arranged through The Texas Mile.
Interviews of Drivers and Officials
The Texas Mile will arrange driver interviews, either in person or via telephone, on request. Interviews of Texas Mile officials (Director, Race Chairman, Event Director, etc.) must be arranged through The Texas Mile before the event. Please understand that during the race weekend activities access to Texas Mile officials will be limited.
Safety and insurance requirements require The Texas Mile to enforce the following guidelines in restricted areas such as the hot pits: (1) Shorts are not permitted; (2) Shirts and shoes are required; (3) Smoking is prohibited at all times.
Fax Service/Electronic News Distribution and Computer Access
The Texas Mile is equipped to send publicity releases and race results via fax and e-mail. Requests should be directed to The Texas Mile. Releases and results are also available on the Texas Mile web site (www.texasmile.com) .
Results, standings and statistics on bygone Texas Mile races are available by request. Please allow a couple of days to obtain the results.
Keep in mind that your assignments are potentially dangerous. Photographers/videographers should always check with the respective Texas Mile and circuit/track PR reps for shooting locations, as shooting areas are restricted.
Don't question the authority of an official in regard to shooting locations. If you disagree with an official's assessment of the situation, return to the Texas Mile registration desk for assistance.
Texas Mile Quick Reference
Monday - Sunday
8 a.m. - We never close
Tel: (281) 802-9863
Tel: (281) 303-1844
Fax: (281) 605-1340