NEXT EVENT IN:
The U.S. Mile welcomes participants to compete for top speed honors at Front Range Airport for The Colorado Mile and at Victoria Regional Airport for the Texas Mile. These events are open to automobiles and motorcycles.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Before you register for any U.S. Mile event, you will need to make sure you have a U.S. Mile profile set up. You can do this NOW. Every participant must have a Driver’s Profile set up before registering for any event.
- At the date/time of registration opening, you will need to LOGIN to your U.S. Mile Profile (Texas Mile Profiles May Be Used As Well)
- A link will be placed on the main page of your profile to register, Click on the link.
- The link will direct you to the registration page and allow you to enter which vehicle from your profile you would like to enter into the event. (You can add more than 1)
- Once you have fully filled out the necessary information, you will get a confirmation that you registered successfully.
- The following days after registration you will need to be checking your email regularly for important information pertaining to the event. (Forms you will be needing etc)
If you have any questions about the registration process please call (281)303-1844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RECOGNITION & BRAGGING RIGHTS:
In addition to the shear thrill of going as fast as you want without the fear of a speeding ticket or a trip to jail, each participant receives:
- An official Texas Mile Event Top Speed Certificate
- A Texas Mile Hard Card License
Each Driver/Rider that reaches 200+ can purchase a coveted 200 MPH Club Shirt.
For all, MPH is calculated by a state of the art speed trap located at the last 132 feet of The Texas Mile. Timing equipment includes timing lights and lasers hooked to a computer designed for calculating top speed runs.
DISPLAY BOARDS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
There are three display boards that show the unofficial speed of each pass.
The official speeds are announced over our local FM broadcast system.
A speed slip is printed after every pass down the mile that shows the captured speed of each pass. Each participant should obtain their speed slip on the return road from a Timing and Scoring representative. Please keep your speed slips. DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY. You need them for the following reasons:
- To obtain your speed certificate
- To prove your 200MPH run in order to purchase your T-Shirt at the event
These speed slips can be used as proof of speed in case there is a discrepancy in the raw results after the event.
In order to obtain your speed certificate, go to registration with your fastest speed slip of the event. Each participant is allowed one certificate (two certificates if you need one for your sponsor). Do not pick up your speed certificate unless you have completed all of your runs for the event.
RECORDING OF SPEED FOR ALL RIDERS/DRIVERS:
Each pass down the mile is recorded in multiple ways. As the pass is completed, the speed is called out to our logger and written down. Then timing and scoring will print out an official speed slip. The speed written down is compared to the printed speed slip and then logged into a computer data base. This data base is used as our raw results. Our raw results are an official record of:
- Competition placement
- Getting an official record
For those that set records in their class, your information will be recorded in THE U.S. MILE RECORD database which will be for public bragging rights on our Web site. We will also post all the results. SO EVERYBODY gets to see their name in digital print. AND we will try to get magazines and other publications to recognize your accomplishments as well – No guarantees on magazine exposure, but our track record is pretty good.
RULES, REGULATIONS, & TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Download the Rules and Regulations:
There were several updates so please be sure to read them carefully! You are responsible for knowing these things before you arrive to the event!
Technical Inspection Forms : Will be available at the event at tech.
Competition License Applications: In order to start in a higher license class other than a “C”, you will need to submit an application to email@example.com AFTER you have already registered. This is NOT guaranteed you will be licensed in a higher license class.
We will have a 1/4 Mile, 1/2 Mile, and 1-Mile trap set up at U.S. Mile events. Every participant will get a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and a 1-mile speed on their time slip.
NO REFUND POLICY:
The Texas Mile and U.S. Mile (The Colorado Mile) registration fee and other purchases made during registration (such as T-shirts) is non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason. Due to the many investments that go into planning The Mile and any future 1/2 Mile events, there will be no refunds or transfers for participant entry fees and purchases for participant cancellation, no-shows or event cancellation including but not limited to cancellation due to weather. The event may not be rescheduled. As with any racing events, the money invested in making the event happen is spent regardless if zero runs are made or 1000 runs are made.
In the event of bad weather, we will stop runs for a period of time to wait for the weather to pass, just like we have done at previous events. Our goal is to provide our participants with the most runs possible. We apologize for any inconvenience that the no refunds policy might cause you.